Useful Websites & Info

External links were selected and reviewed when this page was last published or edited. However, Who’zTheDaddy?™ are not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:

  • Who’zTheDaddy?™ do not produce them or maintain/update them
  • Who’zTheDaddy?™ cannot change them
  • They can be changed without Who’zTheDaddy?’s knowledge or agreement.

Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.

The inclusion of a link to an external website from the Who’zTheDaddy?™ website should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).

Border and Immigration Agency –

The Border and Immigration Agency is a new executive agency of the Home Office. The Agency assumes the responsibilities of the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) for managing immigration control in the UK.

We also consider applications for permission to stay, citizenship and asylum. This website will help you understand our immigration system and what your rights and responsibilities are when you make an application.

Bounty – is your one-stop pregnancy and parenting club, there for you from bump to baby and beyond. is packed with news and features about pregnancy and parenthood plus you can go shopping, get special offers from our retail, finance and travel partners and a whole lot more right here.

Postal address:

Bounty Customer Services
Bounty (UK) Ltd
Bounty House
Vinces Rd
IP98 6BB

British Medical Association –

The British Medical Association is the doctors’ professional organisation established to look after the professional and personal needs of our members. The BMA represents doctors in all branches of medicine all over the UK.

We are a voluntary association with over two-thirds of practising UK doctors in membership and an independent trade union dedicated to protecting individual members and the collective interests of doctors.

We promote the medical and allied sciences, seek to maintain the honour and interests of the medical profession and promote the achievement of high quality healthcare. Our policies cover public health issues, medical ethics, science, the state of the NHS, medical education and doctors’ contracts.

Postal address (BMA head office):
BMA House
Tavistock Square

Members of the public

Please direct your enquiries by contacting us

Child Support Agency –

The key government site on all of the issues associated with child support. The Child Support Agency is to be replaced with a streamlined body more focused on enforcement, but until the new organisation is set up the Child Support Agency will continue its work as normal.

Postal address:

National Helpline
PO Box 55
Brierley Hill
T: 08457 133 133

ChildLine –

ChildLine is the free helpline for children and young people in the UK. Children and young people can call us on 0800 1111 to talk about any problem – our counsellors are always here to help you sort it out.

T: 0800 1111

Citizens Advice Bureau –

Provides free, independent advice on many matters including paternity testing.The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice.

Head office postal address:

Citizens Advice
Myddelton House
115-123 Pentonville Road
London, N1 9LZ
This is an administrative office and no advice is available here.

Click here to find your local CAB office

City Pregnancy Counselling & Psychotherapy –

CPCP is a pregnancy counselling and psychotherapy service. It offers counselling and psychotherapy to men, women and couples who are faced with a crisis pregnancy, pregnancy loss and infertility.

CPCP also offers support to single parents and runs specific groups to support people in all the areas outlined. We will try to match you to the most appropriate counsellor depending on your individual needs and time availability.

Short and long term counselling is available. Telephone counselling is also available.

Postal address:

15 Lambs Passage
Bunhill Row
London, EC1Y 8LE
T: 020 7638 5440

Community Legal Services Direct –

The aim of the Community Legal Service is to ensure that people can get information and advice about their legal rights and help with enforcing them.

If you live in England or Wales and want free high-quality legal information to help you deal with your legal problems, Community Legal Service Direct (CLS Direct) can help.

T: 0845 345 4345

Contact Law

Contact Law has 4,000 solicitors located throughout the UK that can help individuals and businesses in all areas of law including family, employment, commercial, personal injury, will & probate, immigration and conveyancing. We can quickly put you in contact with a good value and experienced local solicitor.

Dads UK –

Dads UK is a news and information site dedicated to giving a voice and support to all people interested in fathers’ rights. This includes partners, grandparents, uncles, aunts and anyone who has some kind of involvement with the father. Dads UK supports the growing demands of fathers in today’s society.

Postal address:

85A Westbourne Street
East Sussex,
T: 01273 232997

Department of Constitutional Affairs –

The Department for Constitutional Affairs has responsibility for relationship support, as well as promoting safe contact between children and non-resident parents. It also sponsors the work of the Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service (CAFCASS), and the Office of the Official Solicitor and Public Trustee.

Postal address:
Selborne House
54 Victoria Street
T: 020 7210 8614

Department of Health –

The Department of Health is committed to improving the quality and convenience of care provided by the NHS and social services. Its work includes setting national standards, shaping the direction of health and social care services and promoting healthier living.

Postal address:
Customer Service Centre
The Department of Health
Richmond House
79 Whitehall
London SW1A 2NS
T: 020 7210 4850
Textphone (for deaf and hard of hearing): 020 7210 5025

Department for work and Pensions –

Services and benefits for families, including child support

Public Enquiry Office at:

Department for Work and Pensions

Room 112
The Adelphi
1-11 John Adam Street
London WC2N 6HT
T: 020 7712 2171
For most benefits or entitlements you will need to contact your local office first. You can find their contact details through local office search.

Relationship Scotland –

Relationship Scotland is a voluntary process which gives parents who are separating or living apart the opportunity to make their own arrangements for their children’s future. Reaching agreement through mediation can avoid lengthy negotiation through solicitors or disputes in the courts.

Postal address:

Relationships Scotland
18 York Place

T: 0845 119 2020


Fathers for Justice –

Fathers 4 Justice civil rights movement campaigning for a child’s right to see both parents and grandparents.

Postal address:
For media enquiries by post please send to:
Fathers For Justice Ltd
PO Box 500
SO21 1AX
T: For Press Information contact: 07795 547 374

General Register Office –

Births in England and Wales must be registered within 42 days of the birth. This can often be done at the hospital or if not at the local register office. If the parents are married to each other, either parent can register the birth. If the parents are not married to each other, they should read Who should register? within the Registering a birth section and follow the Parental responsibility link for information on the implications of who goes to the register office.

If you wish to obtain a further copy of the birth certificate, this can be bought online, by post or telephone, or through the register office where the birth was registered.

This website has detailed information on all these topics as well as what happens in cases where fertility treatment or surrogacy is involved, what you should do if the child is born abroad and what you need to do if you wish to change any of the details on the certificate at a later date.

The GRO has a responsibility for England and Wales. There are equivalent offices for Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Genes Reunited –

Family tree site, Genes Reunited, is the largest family tree tracing site in the UK with free software to trace your family tree.

Gingerbread –

A support organisation for lone parents (through bereavement, divorce, separation, desertion, domestic violence or by choice) and their families, with around 200 groups around England and Wales. Offering advice on benefits, childcare, CSA, contact, divorce, employment, housing, maternity rights and lone parenthood.

Postal address:

307 Borough High Street
T: 020 7403 9500

Home-Start –

Home-Start is the UK’s leading family support charity

Through a network of nearly 16,000 trained parent volunteers we support thousands of parents who are struggling to cope. Our families need support for many reasons including post-natal illness, disability, bereavement, the illness of a parent or child, or social isolation.

Find out more about what we do.

Postal address:
Home-Start UK
2 Salisbury Road
T: 0116 233 9955
F: 0116 233 0232

Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) –

The Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) is the UK�s largest charity providing representation and advice in immigration and asylum law.

Click here to find your nearest IAS office

JustParents –

Parenting and pregnancy advice for mums and dads. With baby names, gender predictor, forums, parents blogs and much more!

Legal Services Commission –

Legal aid in England and Wales.

Postal address:
Legal Services Commission
29-37 Red Lion Street
T: 020 7759 1966


Life offer free confidential counselling and emotional support on all matters concerning abortion and pregnancy. Practical help can be provided, including free baby clothes and equipment, on an on-going basis. Caring also offers free confidential support and counselling after abortion and pregnancy loss.

Postal address (Head Office):
LIFE House
1 Mill Street
Leamington Spa
CV31 1ES
T:0800 915 4600

Midlands Ultrasound and Medical Services (MUMS)

Providing a comprehensive range of scans and pregnancy care since 1998. Early pregnancy scan, nuchal scan, 4D scan, 20 week anomoly, cardiac scan, fetal wellbeing scan, uterine artery scan.

M.U.M.S. offers a caring, expert, confidential paternity testing service. Mr Chris Griffin and Mr Mike Wyldes two Consultant Obstetricians run the centre. They have vast experience and expertise in both amniocentesis and chorionic villous sampling (CVS) techniques. Their CVS miscarriage rate for 2006/2007 was below the national average.

1 Park AvenueSolihull B91 3EJ

National Council for One Parent Families –

One Parent Families believes we can build a fairer society for all families, in which lone parents and their children are not disadvantaged and do not suffer from poverty, isolation, or social exclusion.

Postal address:

One Parent Families
255 Kentish Town Road
Lone Parent Helpline: 0800 018 5026

National Family Mediation –

NFM is a network of local not-for-profit Family Mediation Services in England and Wales which offers help to couples, married or unmarried, who are in the process of separation and divorce. We are committed to providing high quality mediation to everyone who needs it in all communities.

NFM mediators help clients to reach joint decisions about the issues associated with their separation – children, finance and property. Several NFM services also provide specialist services for children.

Postal address:

National Family Mediation
7 The Close
T: 01392 271610

NHS Direct –

Find GP surgeries, doctors, dentists, opticians and pharmacies.

Postal address:

Chief Executive
NHS Direct
7th Floor
207 Old Street
London EC1V 9NR
T: 0845 4647

Northern Ireland Child Support Agency –

Child support agency operating in Northern Ireland.

Postal address:

The Customer Service Manager
Child Support Agency
Great Northern Tower
17 Great Victoria Street
T: 0845 608 0022

One Parent Families Scotland –

One Parent Families Scotland has been working on behalf of lone parents and their families since 1944.

Postal address:

One Parent Families Scotland
13 Gayfield Square
Helpline: 0808 801 0323
T: 0131 556 3899

Parents Advice Centre (Northern Ireland) –

The Parents Advice Centre aims to help parents and other family members to improve their ability to function within the family by giving support, guiding individuals to find their own solutions, using basic counselling skills. This approach seeks to encourage family members to reach their full potential and to promote positive parenting in the community.

Head Office

Floor 1
42 Dublin Road
Tel: 028 9031 0891


Parentline Plus –

Parentline Plus is a UK registered charity which offers support to anyone parenting a child.

Postal address:

Parentline Plus
520 Highgate Studios
53-79 Highgate Road
Kentish Town
Helpline: 0808 800 2222

Relate (National Relate) –

Relate is a national charity with over 60 years experience in helping people with their relationships. Through its 2,300 counsellors working in 103 centres in England, Wales and Northern Island, it offers counselling, sexual therapy and other services to help with difficulties in marriage or in any adult couple relationship. It does not offer legal, financial or medical advice but may be able to suggest and alternative source of help.

Postal address:

Herbert Gray College
Little Church Street
CV21 3AP
T: 0845 456 1310 or 0845 1 30 40 16

Samaritans –

The Samaritans is a registered charity based in the UK and Republic of Ireland that provides confidential emotional support to any person who is suicidal or despairing; and that increases public awareness of issues around suicide and depression.

Postal address:


PO Box 9090
T: 08457 90 90 90 (National Number) or 1850 60 90 90 (Republic of Ireland)

Need help?Live Chat